Elderly Help at Home

Staying independent at home is a basic personal right that becomes even more important as we get older. Fortunately though, there is help available for those that need it when the daily routine becomes more difficult.

Many services are available in the public, voluntary and private sector, some of which you are legally entitled to to help you with your daily needs, whether they are basic or more complex requirements.

You can request a care worker to come and assist you in your home by contacting your local council, albeit these the help you are entitled to receive will depend on the outcome of a care assessment visit which usually takes place in your home. If you think you might need some assistance with tasks such as getting in and out of bed, cleaning your home, cooking or even help with personal hygiene such as bathing and washing then a care worker would be the ideal solution for you. There are also services available for more complex help such as transporting you to places that you can’t get to alone like to hospital appointments, supermarkets to collect groceries, or even just local events for other people in the same situation as you.

There are also many companies that can fit mobility equipment in your home, not just walk-in showers and baths like we do here at Mobility-Plus, but also for products such as stair lifts, grab rails, and emergency panic alarm systems for total safety, comfort and peace of mind.

So how do I arrange help at home? The first thing to do would be to contact your local council to find out what help you are entitled to. https://www.gov.uk/find-your-local-council Your local council will also be able to point you in the right direction towards local private services and your funding options.

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website